Thursday, June 26, 2008

A little vent....

Well, I haven't gotten to post as much as I would have liked lately, but my days have been filled with chasing kids and getting ready for the inlaws to descend on the house. Yeah. For most people that is no problem, but for me it will be loads of "fun". I was very thankful when K told me that he took tomorrow off. Once upon a time my mil and I got along, now it's another story. I really don't even know why things changed for sure, my guess is that it's because we stayed here when our plan was to move with them....until the candidating for churches was taking six to eight months and we still had no answers as to when or where we would be moving. We prayed about it, and talked about it, and as soon as we had an offer accepted on this house the inlaws got their church. K and I see it as a sign from God, that we were not supposed to move, that we were supposed to stay here. And I am VERY thankful that we did, I now have some WONDERFUL friends and have had some TREMENDOUS blessings and can not imagine my life without them!!!! I just wish that she could see it that way. Ever since she has been very vocal about just what I am doing wrong in my job and my marriage, how I should be cooking this or that from scratch, how I should be able to give my husband his haircuts like she does, how I should be sewing these curtains, like she is so disappointed that I am not the ultimate home maker like she is. And when K is proud of something that I have accomplished and tells her about it she always runs right into, well your sister did this one better, or one of your brothers has done that even better, I don't know if she means to or not, but it really hurts my feelings. I am getting better, with the help of my two best friends, to just let those things roll off my back and move on, and K has gotten a better understanding of just exactly how I feel so he has been my rock and given me alot of support too so I do really feel blessed, I just wish that things were better between my mil and I.

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Oh, Heidi, I am so sorry to hear that your MIL treats you that way. Please know that you are SO much better than that and that she has no right to treat you that way. My soon-to-be ex never put me before his mother and I think that is so much of why we are in the place we are now. Please talk to K and make sure he knows how you feel and that he should stick up for you. Off to read more of the blog and see how it all went.