Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Wonderful Weekend!

The weekend was busy, but alot of fun! We went to Ironwood Springs Christian Ranch on Saturday, got there about two pm and got C's drums set up and had sound check for the concert that night. We then went to the campsite for an early supper ( Pastor's wife is WONDERFUL at cooking things over the campfire! Lol if I tried to do that we'd be eating lots of raw things lol!) A little walk around an some volleyball and it was soon time for the concert. It was a great concert and C got up and gave a bit of his testimony and talked about being a missionaries kid from Brazil. We went back to the campsite for some time around the campfire and hot dogs and smores and lots and lots of good conversation.
Sunday morning brought some big winds and some rain, but we still enjoyed some conversation over breakfast in the cabin and then it was off to church. It was another wonderful service and I thought about alot of things during that time and came to a couple realizations. I have really gotten caught up in petty things around here lately and drifted from God, just kind of going through the motions, and I decided to "stand up and shake it off" as I tell the kids around here lol and get my priorities back into place. Even if that does mean drifting even farther from an old friend. This friend is not saved and can be a more negative influence on me and even though I hate to see the friendship come to an end, I am coming to the realization that maybe that is what I need to do, that God is telling me that as much as I would like to I am not going to reach her and I need to just distance myself and concentrate on Him and not get so stuck on reaching this one person, to look at the bigger picture. I just feel like I would be giving up though, walking out on her like everyone else has, just fitting the norm when I have been trying to stay away from that, but I guess that there is only so much that you can do. I am just going to read my Bible, do my devotions, and pray about it, see what the Lord shows me.
We had such a great time at camp that we didn't want to come home, so we called Mom and Dad to see if they would mind keeping the pups an extra night and they said that was fine! We ended up playing a two hour game of volleyball and then swimming for two hours after that! It was alot of fun and I got to know Pastor and his wife and C alot better over the weekend as well! And after another long evening of wonderful conversation over the campfire and some hot dogs and smores I drifted off into a deep sleep only to wake up entirely too soon to pack up and come back and pick up the pups! After unpacking what we could from the car I grabbed a shower and fell asleep in the chair after drying my hair! We went and unloaded C's drums at church and then decided to head to Wal Mart for some pictures, a new bottle of shampoo( I broke ours on the way back from the showers after swimming) and a couple of thank you gifts for my parents and for Pastor and his wife for the wonderful weekend!
It was a terriffic weekend, no tv, no phone except for calling to check on staying an extra night, no distractions, just a nice quiet time away to really get things back into perspective and get closer to God!
I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend as well!

No comments: