Friday, March 25, 2005

Almost finished!

Wow! What a day! Actually, what a week! I don't think that I have seen K for more than a half hour at a time, and usually that means us talking as I try to prop my eyes open and try to stay awake. Good meaningful conversation there!
Tonight I think that we actually have an evening free. We may go to Wal Mart and pick up a few things. My allergies have decided to kick in full force and I only have enough allergy pills to last until Tuesday. We also need to get some paint and possibly a few other things for our Awana Grand Prix cars.
I am down to the last soldier and then the last little bit of flag on my patriotic cross stitch. I really wish that I could figure out how to post pictures here and then I could show how much I have gotten done. The nice thing about this piece is the minimal backstitching too. Then I have some lettering and it is off to the framer with it. Now, I don't normally send my stitching off to the framer, K being the do it yourselfer that he is. But this is a very special piece. This piece will have the name of a soldier who was killed in the war and will be sent off to his family. http://geocities.com/americansoldiermemorialproject/ is the link for any of you other stitchers out there who would like to do something like this. I have enjoyed doing this piece, but so many color changes have driven me crazy! I am also very excited to get this done as it will be my first finish for the year, and I can then start my next piece, which is to be a thank you gift.

No comments: