Friday, December 30, 2005

Christmas craziness

Sorry that it has been so long since I really posted last. Things got really crazy with Christmas, and Christmas of course brings the inlaws visiting for about a week. My inlaws live about nine hours away in southern Missouri. I really do love my MIL, but we haven't always had the best of relationships....and it really magnifies things when you add four more people into our house for a week. Four? you ask....yep, inlaws still have two kids at home so our house gets nice and full for the holidays. They do go and spend some time at K's oldest brother's house in MN, but that also means we have to drive the hour and a half up there at least one day while they are up there to shop or what have you too. And that is besides driving up there for the whole family Christmas. And with them up we do alot of talking and catching up, lots of late nights.
This year was a good visit. My sarcastic side came out a couple times, and that actually seemed to ease things between MIL and me. It helped that I went to the Fitness Center a couple days while they were here too. I didn't much this week, I went on Monday and no one else was there from our group and then my friend K slipped on the ice and hit her head at the Fitness Center and got a concussion so she is taking the rest of the week off and with everything going on I decided to too.
The inlaws left yesterday around noon, got a phone call around ten that they were home safely. Sounds like the kids are going into the dr today sometime if possible. They both have had terrible colds the whole week they were here, sharing with some of the rest of us too.
I sent a package to Holli and Faith and I got the nicest email back, as well as a little mention in her blog, with absolutely ADORABLE pictures of Faith with the pink furry scarf! I am so glad you girls liked your package! I wish it could have been more....but you never know, you may just find some more little surprises in your mailbox when you least expect it lol!
Miss M and Mr C are back for their first day after Christmas, extrememely hyper at that! Monster won't be back until Monday, Grandpa and Grandma are watching her.
It sounds like we will be quite busy for New Years too...we had invited Pastor and family over for New Year's Eve and they called back and asked if we would like to come to their house instead and invite a few more people over. And New Year's day we don't have an evening church service so a bunch of us are going to go snow tubing at the place we go camping at during the summer.
We went to see The Chronicles of Narnia this week too, it's GREAT!!! If you have the chance go and see it! You won't regret it!
Hope you all have a very Happy New Year and K and I wish you all many blessings!

No comments: