Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I know I know you all are saying more pictures??? I just have such a hard time narrowing it down to a few to share! The other night we went to Wal Mart and I had 316 pictures on my memory card! Yes, I am slightly addicted! Lol ok so maybe not so slightly!
I do actually have some more pictures to post, but I wanted to post a little about them before I went ahead and did that.....we'll see how long I babble on here if I post them with this or if it waits until the next post.
Let's see.....today was a slow day. I had two kiddos, Monster and Little C, they played very well for a while. When things started to go downhill we started a project. We made applesauce. Little C kept telling me, "My Mommy doesn't do this!" I caught a few pictures of them in the process too. I will share those sometime too. I hadn't made applesauce since my inlaws moved to Missouri. To stop and think about it, that's been like 5 or 6 years now, wow! My mil and I used to make it together there for a while, but when they moved I didn't have the food mill that I needed and after we finally found one I kind of forgot about it for a while. Sunday the T family invited us to go out to eat with them and then to one of the orchards that is about 45 minutes or so away from us. They needed to get apples for a 4H project they were going to do with the kids and we had all talked about going out to this restaurant for a while now. So we said sure, why not and off we went, in the rain of course! When we were looking at apples for the T family's project K commented about how it had been so long since I had made applesauce. I agreed and thought, hey, why not get some apples and make a batch now?! I had to call the mil to get the exact instructions again, but after a bit of a rusty start (and a minor incident with a wooden spoon) I have now finished a second batch on my own and am starting on a third( ok ok so I didn't realize that I didn't have the food mill thingy put together exactly right until the last batch either). I think we will have to go back for some more apples though, my batches are pretty small, only filling one of my freezer containers at a time. I will need to get some more freezer containers too. I am actually having alot of fun with it! I thought it was easy before I got the food mill thing put together correctly, it is ALOT easier if you put it together the way it is supposed to be!
Anyway....I must run for now. I will post a bit about the next set of pictures and the pictures themselves soon, and also a bit about the fun I get to have tonight. Laters!

1 comment:

hollibobolli said...

Yum - Faith loves applesauce. I don't though.. no clue why. What's funny is she likes the green apple flavored applesauce. I feel silly asking her if she wants the apple-flavored applesauce.

Always more pics!!