Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I know I haven't written again for a while, not alot goes on here really and who wants to come and read the same thing over and over again. I did get to go on a little road trip last night. It was the perfect day for it because I had a houseful of kids who were grumpy and I was starting to get grumpy! I went with a friend to drop off her son at another friend's house so he could get in a weeks worth of detasseling work. It was an hour drive one way and we just generally chit chatted on the way there, but on the way home we had some really good talks. I am ever so thankful for these sweet friends. They have taught me so much and I can never thank them enough for all that they have done for me.
We had VBS last week. Nine kids made decisons for Christ. It was a great week! We had great helpers and a great group of kids! One night we had 85 kids! And 24 of them were preschool/kindergarten age! Our missions project for the week was to use our offering to help the school in Parkersburg after it was destroyed in the tornado. We sent them over three thousand dollars! It was wonderful! They kid really focused on that and they were excited to win the individual prizes but they were most excited to hear the grand total that they were able to send to help other kids!

2 comments:

HolyMama! said...

that's so exciting! that sounds like a VERY successful VBS.

I volunteered for VBS a few years back and every day I would barely make it home and then COLLAPSE. You didn't mention how hard the work is that the teachers do, but I know it is. How wonderful that you're so wiling to do it.

Steffie B. said...

It is wonderful to see children come to Christ. I was the Childrens Director at our church for about 8 years.....it was very rewarding. ;)

have a great week...
Steffie