Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm still here

I know I know I haven't been posting again....real life just seemed to take over there for a bit. I did manage to finish knitting one scarf and I started a new project, a gift for Jen, lol which when I first started to type this I gave away, but caught myself before I hit publish lol! When that project is finished I am going to knit a gift for another friend. She loves to decorate with patriotic things and I saw some Sugar 'n Cream yarn in Early American Ombre and I knew that I had to do something for her with it! I looked on the internet and found a pattern for a dish cloth with a star pattern. It's all knitting and purling and I really like that they give you the option of the directions by sets of rows like Rows 1-5 K1P1 across, ending with K1 or they give you the pattern row by row. I think I am going to use the row by row option so I can cross each row off as I go along because I know how often I will be interrupted and think now where was I??!!

We had a bit of a sleep over with some of the daycare kids the other night. I got a call from Miss A, Slow Mo, and Little C's Mom asking if I could watch the kids about a quarter after 7 Monday night because they were taking their older sister to the hospital an hour away. She had a head ache that she just couldn't get rid of and after being to the local ER and not getting alot of answers, just meds that made her sleepy but didn't get rid of the pain, they decided to take her to a bigger hospital to rule some more serious problems out. The drs up there called it an a-typical migrane and gave her fluids, three different meds, and sent her home after she was feeling better. They finally got home around 1:30 Tuesday morning. I was going to just keep the kids until they woke up in the morning for school, but Little C woke up after having an accident and I didn't have any clothes to change him into, so Dad just came and picked them all up. I was exhausted! It took a while for the kids to get to sleep, they were so excited to be having a sleepover!! I had them all out on the sofa bed and they watched a movie turned on the naptime music once that was over and they finally all did sleep. I tried to lay at the foot of the bed and sleep some, but the boys kept kicking me in the back! K slept for as long as he could in the recliner, but finally gave up and went to bed around 12:15 (poor guy has to get up at 4:30 for work and the recliner isn't the most comfortable to sleep in...I really appreciated him sticking it out for as long as he could!) and after that there was definately no sleeping for me.
I didn't have any kids yesterday so I slept in a bit, but refused to take a nap so that I would be able to sleep last night. I lasted until 10pm and then I couldn't take it anymore! My head hit the pillow and I was out and didn't move until 6:15 this morning!
I've also been helping a friend get ready to open her new quilt shop. We had one in town, but they moved to a neighboring town and there are many who miss it, so she decided to rent a space on main street and open her own! I think it is a perfect fit for her, she does alot of quilting, and she used to be Amish, giving her shop a unique little fit. I have been entering her fabrics into the compter for her and picking out some that I want to use at the same time!! I am close to finishing my first quilt and can't wait to get started on more with some of the fabrics she has in the shop!
Well, this is getting terribly long so I guess I'll quit for now.....hope you all are having a great day! Big hugs!

2 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

That was fantastic of you to take in those kids so the parents could take the older child to the hospital. Its tough having migraines as a kid, would you beleive I was diagnosed at the age of 8, but who knows how long I truly suffered for before it was discovered.

Sometimes you just can't get rid of the pain and you have to ride it out.

Jen said...

OMG I am so excited about my gift!!! I LOVE surprises and I am just honored that you would do something special just for me!! You are too sweet!!

I think it's wonderful that you had a sleepover with your kiddos! How blessed your families are to have you in their lives!! When the day comes for me to have children I pray I can find someone as wonderful you!!

Can't wait to hear more about the quilt shop!! How neat!! I really wish I knew how to sew!!

Thanks again Heidi for making feel so special and LOVED!! Seriously, I am honored!!

Jen