Saturday, December 05, 2009

Excitement!

I sat down and started to write this about five times now and something always happens and I don't even get three words typed!!!
It's been a busy couple of days. Wednesday night was crazy hair night at Awana and the kids did GREAT!! We even had one who shaved parts of his head...he said he was going to shave it all off anyway so this was the perfect opportunity to do something fun!
Last night we went to M's Holiday Music Concert at the High School. We were all very happy with the songs that the choir director had chosen, not a single mention of Santa Claus...it was all about the real meaning of Christmas! K and I graduated with the choir director and I recently found her on facebook so I left her a little note complimenting her on her music choices.
Tonight was the second basketball game of the season....the JV boys lost. They started out great, ahead by ten or so, but they just couldn't hold it. They are a young team and the team we played is really agressive and to be honest, I know everyone complains about them, but the refs really didn't help either side...they were a little odd. We called one the happy friendly ref...he seemed to like to pull players aside and chat with them and smack them on the bum when they were done talking. One really didn't make too many calls at all, he just seemed to like to stand in front of us making it a bit difficult to see the game. The other one was really picky about some stupid little fouls while some of the bigger more obvious things like one of their players shoving one of ours down to the floor went unnoticed.....they were ahead by 10 or 15 and the Varsity pulled even with them and with a last second buzzer beater basket WE WON!!!!! What a game!!! Unfortunately J was hurt during the game, sounds like he may have rolled the ankle that he sprained earlier. I believe that they were going to take him in for x-rays just to be safe.
In other news I have found two new things that have made me happy lately....one is Christmas music. I wrote in an earlier post about how much I LOVE Christmas music...music in general really and that I love finding new music. Well, Amazon has a special, 25 free Christmas songs, one each day from the 1st of December up until the 25th. Check it out! I say this with the disclaimer that I don't know what they will choose I have already deleted one that I refuse to have on a cd of Christmas music (Slower Than Christmas- by The Boxmasters) but hopefully they will make some better choices.
The other is Swaptree. A friend emailed me the site and I have already initiated my first trade. I can get rid of a dvd that K and I really didn't like so much and get a cd that I will love! It's a win/win situation!
Hopefully this has all made sense...it's almost one am and I should be in bed because I have to get up fairly early tomorrow, make that this morning. The men are meeting to have a men's breakfast at church and while they are doing that the ladies are getting together to decorate the auditorium for Christmas and after that we are going to go over PowerPoint, but I just can't seem to relax and get ready to head to bed!! That game has me all energized and ready to go haha! I have a little typing to do for the radio message PM did for this week and hopefully after I get that done I will be ready for dreamland.
Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Glad to hear you had a great day!!!!