Friday, August 12, 2005

Hmmm.......

Last night the phone rang and as I answered I realized it was the friend that I have to walk away from's husband. Can you say awkward conversation!
Went to a Celebration Iowa concert last night. High school students from all over the state performing. The best of the best sort of thing. It was supposed to be at the fairgrounds but since it rained ALL DAY it was at the high school. Pastor and one of the boys met us there. We all left at intermission. It was HOT, and I mean HOT in the auditorium and although the jazz band was good I can't honestly say I enjoyed the singers. Part of that was not their fault, it was the sound guys. You could hear their voice barely most of the time but you could not make out what they were saying/singing. It was also very theatrical lots of dancing and jumping, not bad in itself but lets just say it was a little over the top. Not the kids fault either as they have multiple choreographers telling them exactly what to do. Just not what I would expect from high school age kids.
We also had to go to Pastor's house and fix the keyboard so we are able to use it on Sunday for the outdoor service and it was getting late. Almost quarter to nine when we left. It was 11:30 before we left Pastor's house.
Music practice tonight. I emailed B and asked her if she would like to come early so we can go over the song we are going to do as a duet for special music coming up too.
I may be working on Saturday. S, one of the kids I used to have missed me and mom wants to take her brother school shopping, which would be alot easier minus one very active little girl! So I said as long as they are gone in time for us to get ready and be to the 50th anniversary party for some friends at church at 6 it would be no problem.

No comments: