Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A peek at my life lately.....

Yish, I am getting really bad about blogging....journaling going the same way I am afraid too. So much going on that it just gets pushed to the side and eventually forgotten.
The Awana round up picnic is tonight! I am a bit nervous as I am not sure what group I will have, I could possibly have a group of 6th grade boys, that in itself doesn't make me nervous, I just know that there is one 6th grade boy that I could NOT handle! I had him on my team in game time last year and he does NOT listen!
Prayer meeting is now every other Thursday night, or so, with Awana being on Wednesday. I think it's good as I really have been learning alot on Wednesday nights and I would hate to have it just stop now.
I am now also a Sunday School teacher. I will have 4 and 5 year olds. This Sunday will be my first Sunday. I am really excited! I plan to make my own flannel graph board too as it seems that we have a shortage in church. No biggie, easy enough to do. Just got a note that the new material has come in too so even though I had already planned a lesson with the old, I will probably just switch to the new. I believe it really is the beginning of a new unit, but the lady I am taking over for has been gone off and on and the subs that she has had have not taught the lessons. We also weren't really sure when this new material would come in. I guess they are not the most dependable for shipping things out.
I have been really working on not letting my devotions slip by like my blogging and journaling. The Our Daily Bread readings have been great, and I also received Today in the Word from Moody that I have been reading as well as my Women in the Bible book. I am really learning alot, and seeing things from a different perspecting and understanding things in a whole new way!
We added a new member to our Praise Band. Last Sunday was her first time playing with us. She played her keyboard, playing a different part than Pastor played on the piano. It sounded GREAT! It sounds like she will also being singing with us some too! I am quite excited about practice as well, as it sounds like we will be working on some new music! A couple songs that I LOVE!!! Practice may possibly switch to Wednesdays after Awana now too, not sure.
K's brother called the other day; he cut his knuckle open while out on a road trip for work in Ohio. He was cutting something and sliced his knuckle open and it needed stitches. It had been bothering him so he went to the nurse at work and she thought it was infected. B didn't think it was infected, but he still couldn't bend his finger properly so he went to the dr. After three hours and multiple doctors they decided that the tendon is not placed properly. Instead of running through this "channel" that it is supposed to, it is wrapped around the knuckle. The dr thought it was pretty serious, saying that it should have been done last week, not this week, and scheduled him for surgery Thursday. K planned vacation Thursday, Friday and Tuesday and was planning to drive B in for the surgery. It would be a bit over an hour drive, but he obviously wouldn't be able to drive himself so..... Well, B called last night and said that their middle brother BR had called and said he would drive B. Much easier since they only live minutes apart! K may still go just to be there as D-B's wife can't be there due to an appointment with a lawyer at work. Something about someone being injured on the job, but this was three years ago and D has no idea what it was! She supposedly helped this person up and discussed it with them or something but she can't remember!
All sorts of fun! But, I better be running for now, still have some reading to do and get ready for the picnic tonight.

No comments: