Monday, August 08, 2005

I've been a bad, bad blogger!

I know, I know shock of all shocks, I am posting again!
I think that things may finally be slowing down and getting ready for the new schedule of the school year. I found out that my two after schoolers will be coming back after the first couple days of school. Those first two days are half days and they will go home with their oldest sister. I told their mom that I will not charge her for B as she is going to be my "student teacher" this year. Why charge her if she is working and helping me out. She won't have alot of responsibilities, but what she will have will help me out alot actually! I am going to park up the block from the school and thankfully not have to drive the loop that is the school drive! B will have to meet N and C and walk them up to my car to start with. Nice in many ways as that circle drive is NUTS on the bad weather day and takes forever to get in and out of, I had to leave a half hour before kids got out of school just to get in and find a spot to sit! It just doesn't have enough room and technically there is traffic going to three different places on a very narrow road! This way I will be able to let kids nap a bit longer and I won't use as much gas keeping the car running to stay warm in the winter! She will also be responsible for doing a little activity with the kids, and playing with them/keeping an eye on them with me. She wants to be a teacher when she grows up so this will be good experience.
After two weeks Pastor Mike is back from vacation and we can start with our music practices again! I am so excited, I have sooo missed our music!
I talked to the lady who sets up the special music schedule and this time I will have to sing twice, one as a duet with a friend and another solo. We have the duet song picked out, now I am starting to look for a song to sing as a solo so I am not panic stricken at the last minute!
C didn't come today, his grandparents have him, and will be picking up M early today too! Nice as I was supposed to have them from 7am to 7pm. Now I just have M from 7:30 to whenever her grandparents get here for her. Just one 12 hour day tomorrow instead of two! And Monster will be here today and tomorrow and then her grandma is taking her for the rest of the week! Nice slow week, I needed that!
I have gotten alot of reading done lately, I am really enjoying it, I used to read alot and had gotten away from it for a while. I also found myself a devotional book this weekend and I am excited to get started reading that. Getting caught back up on some of my letter writing too. I have found a really nice pen pal group and have gotten to know a few new friends, while also getting letters to some old friends as well.
Well, guess that is about it for now....
Hope you all have a day full of sunshine and roses!

No comments: