Sunday, December 07, 2008

Hello again!

I didn't make it to the basketball games yesterday, but after K came home from work (he was working a little overtime) we went Christmas shopping. We found a little something for PM, C, and L,T, and Tater's parents. I still have a bit more shopping to do, but finding the time to do it is challenging. I did find a good idea for my sister inlaw, and I can even get it online. I found out that she needs clothes since her work has changed their dress code and she likes Kohls, so I am going to buy her a gift certificate. K found a good deal to get tires on my car, so we shopped a bit at Wal Mart while that was being done and drove home watching a beautiful sunset.

I did something really smart this morning:( we were cleaning up the coffee pot after church and I was talking to C and not paying attention and ended up getting my arm under the spout of the coffee pot where it was emptying the leftover coffee into the sink! It isn't a bad burn, but it hurts! And as if that wasn't bad enough, Teddy was pawing at me and clawed that exact spot! It almost brought me to tears!

In some happy and surprising news, Bonnie gave me an award! My second blog award!


The rules for this award are that you must list 5 of your addictions and then give the award to five other people. Tell these people about their award by leaving a comment for them on their blog.
Hmm, my addictions would be....
My Bible-I try to read as often as I can. I fail miserably at times, but I always take something away from my time reading when I do!
Music-My phone even has an mp3 player in it! Doing daycare with all the noise of the kids, when it is just K and I it is too quiet! I'm usually busy doing something and not concentrating on the tv so I love to have music playing in the background! I also sing in church (and have also sung in the nursing homes a couple times as well as the community Christmas dinner once!) and I am trying to learn piano.
Mt Dew-I need my caffiene to keep me going at times!
Chocolate-Do I really need to explain this one?
My Computer-I send out the prayer requests for church here, have things I have typed for church saved, facebook, my blog, sites I go to to print things off for the kids, I would be lost without my computer!
Hmm, now who do I give this award to? I choose; Holli , Erin, Daisy Girl, Steffie, and Jack's Mom


2 comments:

Erin said...

Thank you! After reading your list of addictions, I agree with Mt. Dew, although I don't drink it nearly like I used to in high school. But whenever we go to Quizno's, I get it to drink. Thankfully we don't eat there often (even though it's one of my favorites) so I don't get Mt. Dew very much. It sends me through the roof from all the sugar and caffeine. But, it is GOOD.

Daisy Girl said...

awww!! Thanks so much!! You're a sweetheart!! I've been away for a while, work has been so busy and kinda stressful with the holidays, but I am going to try to be better about posting!