Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter fun!

We ended up pretty much snowed in this weekend. Saturday it snowed and snowed hard! I ended up going back to Wal Mart with C and we spent most of the day there. We were picking up some stocking stuffers and getting some groceries for Christmas dinner and for our big cookie baking extravaganza! Of course we stopped at Mc Donalds for breakfast and made one extra stop for C to do a little shopping for a couple new sweaters for work.
We got all of our grocery/baking supplies at Wal Mart and headed home. The snowplows hadn't been out much and it was still snowing. We looked out on the fields on the way home and we just saw white. C and I made some of her spaghetti sauce and meatballs and then PM gave me a ride home. While I was gone, K had pulled the dishwasher, stove, and refrigerator away from the wall and cleaned underneath and behind them. We had a problem with mice for a while and K found one dead under the refrigerator...I am sooo glad that I wasn't here for that! PM stopped over later and the decision was made to cancel church, it was supposed to be very windy and the concern was blowing snow and the sub zero temperatures combined with wind chill would make for dangerous travel. We started the calling tree and let everyone know that there would be no church on Sunday and we would have a Christmas Eve service instead.
Sunday we slept in and just hung around the house until C called and we headed over to PM and C's house to start our cookie baking. We made rosettes, peanut butter cookies with Hershey's kisses on top, Andes Mint cookies, buckeye balls, and chocolate covered pretzels. We also decided to do some more baking Christmas Eve day.
I had such a great time baking!
Yesterday was another cold day and school was cancelled and K is on vacation for two weeks now. I only had L, T, and Tater and the boys had a blast with K! They even pulled out the little electronic drumset and had a lovely concert for me! K took off to go shopping at naptime, he told me that he hadn't gotten me anything yet and thought he better be a good hubby and go shopping! I also had a couple things for him to pick up and he got a hair cut, so it was a very productive afternoon for him! The boys left early and we just hung out and put some laundry away for the rest of the evening.
Today I only have Miss A and she has had a fun filled morning chasing her "Nee Nee" around the snow paths this morning. (When she first started daycare here Miss A was just beginning to talk and she couldn't say K's name, after she started calling him "Nee Nee" and us not understanding where it came from we finally figured it out....when I needed K I called for him..."Hey Honey!" Miss A adores K and we always joked that she was his little girlfriend and I should feel threatened, and she was proving it by calling him her Honey! and she still calls him that to this day. In fact LC, I, and 12 year old CG call him Nee Nee!!)
Now A is napping and K is helping to get things set up for the Community Christmas Dinner that will be held Christmas Day. We have at least one basketball game, maybe two depending if BC is playing up tonight, and we need to go over the PowerPoint that was for Sunday morning's service that will now be used for tomorrow night's service.
Tomorrow is baking and church followed by Christmas with my parents and then Christmas with K and I. Christmas Day brings helping with the Community Christmas Dinner and games and snacks with PM, C, and family.
I really hope that K likes his gift! PM buys and resells golf clubs and he helped me put together a new set for K since he is getting better and enjoying golf more. PM is even going to deliver them for me and get it all set up while K and I are at my parents' house for Christmas! Hopefully he will like them and I can get a good picture of his reaction!
I do have some good pictures of our snow and all the "fun" we are having in it and I will try to get them posted soon.
If I don't get them posted until after Christmas I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! and may the Lord bless you in this holiday season and in the New Year to come!

*The date and time may be off on this post as I started it yesterday morning!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to see how you were! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!