Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Winter has most definately arrived!

We survived the first big snowstorm of the year. I think we may have gotten about eight inches of snow! It didn't help that we had a little rain and ice to start things off and with the wind blowing, it was one of those "fun" storms. The kids got out of school two hours early on Monday, had no school on Tuesday, and then had a two hour late start this morning. The late start this morning was kind of nice, it meant I didn't have any kiddos until ten! I took advantage of that time to get caught up with a few emails and things and put my laundry away finally!
L, T, and Tater enjoyed the snow yesterday. I took them out for about a half an hour in the morning and when K came home in the afternoon we went out again. The snow was almost up to Tater's waist and he was trudging along and kept telling me, "I stuck"! We baked cookies for snack, and their only complaint for the day was that I didn't have any hot cocoa when we came inside after playing in the snow! Can't please 'em all, I guess!
We helped a friend get her new laptop set up and some programs downloaded on it on Monday night and last night we went and worked at church to finish setting up the Awana store. I will try to remember to bring my camera and get pictures! The store is AMAZING! Our storekeeper does a great job and has spent time every day this week getting it all set up. For alot of the kids this is their only time to go Christmas shopping, and they can get their gifts wrapped and everything. Thankfully the storm won't keep us from having store!
Tomorrow brings the basketball games that were supposed to be last night, but were moved due to weather and Saturday will be a full day with Christmas program practice, cookie baking, Madrigal, and going over PowerPoint with PM for services Sunday morning! I'm glad that Friday is looking a bit slower, I'll need that time to type up the PowerPoint!
I suppose I should go and put that next load of laundry away, I wish there was some sort of machine that would put it away for you too, not just wash and dry it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds like the kids had a blast playing in the snow. Stay warm and have fun.