Thursday, February 09, 2006

Shock

We found out last night that a friend of ours from the church that we used to go to was killed in a car accident on Monday.
ALTA VISTA --- Jim Scott, 35, of Alta Vista, died Monday, Feb. 6, as the result of an automobile accident; services pending with Hauser Funeral Home, Charles City

Jim Scott

ALTA VISTA - Jim Scott, 35 of Alta Vista, died Monday, February 6, 2006, as a result of an automobile accident near Colwell.Funeral services for Jim Scott will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Faith Baptist Church in Cresco. Pastors Dave Wolfinger and Rick Kielb will officiate. Burial will be at ‘the farm’ near Alta Vista.
Friends may call at the Hauser Funeral Home in Charles City from 4-8 p.m. Friday. Visitation will continue Saturday at the church an hour prior to the service.James Wesley Scott was born January 28, 1971, in Des Moines, the son of James and Sally (Perdue) Scott, Sr., a former pastor of Temple Baptist Church. He graduated from Charles City High School in 1989. On October 16, 1999, he was united in marriage with Christine Treichel. They moved to the Alta Vista area, where they are currently residing. Jim was manager of the AutoZone store in Charles City.Much of his life was consumed in collecting and trading things. He went from stamps, to fine china, to guns and coins, and even to a few Dodge vehicles. There was nothing Jim would trade for his favorite collection - his boys. James put value in things that mattered most, including family and his personal faith in Jesus Christ. He was a Sunday School teacher and deacon at Faith Baptist Church in Cresco. Those that knew Jim know that he is with his Lord today and we can only be jealous of him. Jim was a loving husband and father, a true family man and the dearest friend.Living family members include his wife Christine of Alta Vista; two sons, Jacob and Elijah, both at home; a soon-expected child; his parents, James and Sally Scott of Maynard, Minn., formerly of Charles City; two brothers, Sam (Jami) Scott of Cresco and Paul Scott of Maynard, Minn.; two sisters, Sarah and Mary Scott, both of Maynard, Minn.; and long-time friend, Ben (Paul) Miller of Saratoga.He was preceded in death by his infant and his paternal and maternal grandparents.The family suggests memorials in lieu of flowers.
This guy had two sons at home and a third child on the way. She doesn't work and was homeschooling, but I'm sure all that will change now. He was only seven years older than me...his wife is my age. This one really hits home. What would I do without K??? I am somewhat in the same situation as I really don't pull in all that much income with the little job that I do have working at home. And I can't imagine his poor wife haveing to deal with the birth of their third child by herself...she has had home births for both of the boys, I don't know if she will for this one, although I am sure that all the plans have been made.
This is the second of three or four vehicle accidents that have happened around here just this month. And in three there have been fatatlities, young people that have been killed. There was a 45 year old man killed in a semi accident, the truck he was driving hit a patch of ice and he missed a turn and was killed instantly, this accident with our friend, and Tuesday night there was a young family that rolled their car at around 1:45 in the morning and was not noticed until around 7:30 Wednesday morning. The father was ejected from the car and killed, his two year old daughter stayed belted in the car but was killed, and his eight month old daughter stayed in the car and survived. They took her by ambulance to the hospital in town and soon helicoptered her out to a larger hospital. I have not heard any more about her condition.
It almost makes you afraid to get in the car and drive. Honestly. If it were not for the faith in my Lord that I have I think I would really be a mess. I know where our friend is and I know where that two year old little girl is, what breaks my heart is thinking about the families left behind who may not know the Lord as their Savior and have no hope.
Otherwise everything has been sort of a blur. We had our play day with K2's kids today. Now the girls have had lunch and are napping. Hopefully the afternoon will go quickly and the kids will leave early and then we are off to Prayer Meeting and then Worship Team practice. I don't know if I will go work out in the morning or not, it just depends on how late we get home.

1 comment:

hollibobolli said...

I have seen two terrible accidents on my way to work today and yesterday.. and it does scare me. Everything scares me.. the thought of something happening to Faith - or something happening to me, when I'm all Faith has. But we must have faith in God.

Big hugs to you.. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.