Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Snow tubing!

Well, vacation is over and we are back into the swing of things again. It has been a very busy start to the new year, but I am loving it. We went snow tubing at the camp we go camping at during the summer on Sunday. There were a couple minor injuries, but we all survived. It was a bit scary looking down at the drop off of the biggest hill, especially when some of the girls convinced me to go down laying on my stomach on the tube facing down the hill! It really was an easier ride, no landing on something on your butt and you went a little faster and farther. The river at the end of the big hill was frozen enough that it would hold you if you went on it, but there were some puddles on the top of the ice and we hit those a few times! I ended up with a couple of face fulls of water, a good splash on my stomach as my coat and shirt pulled up a bit and I only had the half snow pants, not the kind that has the straps that go over your shoulders! The ride back up the hill was just as fun, they have a rope that you lay a bit over your tube, lay on your tube yourself, wrap a leg around and hold on with your hands and it pulls you back up the hill. One time I only made it half way up, but there were quite a few that had more trouble than I did. The only real trouble I had was the soreness the next day from using different muscles than I am used to to hold on to get up the hill. I had to break out the wrist brace too as the tendonitis in my right wrist has flared up some from this too. But no one broke anything or anything like that so I consider the night a success!

No comments: