Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I'm sorry.

This week it seems really hard to get back into the routine of things after my little vacation. Today I feel the best I have felt in a week now. I think some of it comes from the realization that I had while doing some reading last night. My prayer sister ( who also happens to be a good friend of mine) gave me a book last week and I finally sat down to look at it. It is called Daily Blessings for My Secret Pal Devotions to Share with Your Special Friend. The first passage really spoke to me last night....got me to thinking. Like alot of my problems are in my own head worrying for one thing too much about what other people think. Also I am guilty of letting my pride and my ego get in the way all too often. I need to get the focus off me, and on to the Lord and others. I am really seeing how I can just make myself miserable....put myself in a funk and keep myself there, convince myself that I really am all alone and no one likes me. I think some of it has to do with ttotm because it really seems to get bad then, but it doesn't seem to be limited to that. I just need to do as the saying says, "Let go and let God." I really am blessed, and I need to stop and think about that instead of focusing on all the negative.
I am afraid that I hurt a good friend this weekend. I emailed and apologized, but it really hurts me to think that I could have hurt this friend. Another eye opener was another friend who is going through a really rough time right now was more worried about me on Sunday night. Apparently with ttotm I looked pretty wiped and she pulled me aside and gave me a hug and asked me if I had a rough day that day. She was more worried about me and was willing to listen, if needed, to my trials and troubles when she is going through such a rough spot in her own life. Once again I must say I truly am blessed.
It is my earnest prayer that I have not been a stumbling block to anyone....that I have not hurt anyone.....and if I have that those I have caused to stumble or hurt would forgive me.

1 comment:

hollibobolli said...

Oh, honey.. I so have the same feelings. You're such a giving, caring person.. I'm sure having such a big heart just gives your more feelings to get hurt, more emotions to experience.

I'm sorry you're down. If you want to vent to me - or anything.. I will listen.

Big hugs.