Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Winter has arrived

It's an icky sort of day today. Dark and rainy now, we are supposed to get some snow this afternoon into tonight. We have a winter weather advisory now...it was a winter storm watch but they have changed it. Good thing that my plans for the night are to curl up with a blanket and knit away. Unfortunately that doesn't help my Mom and K as they have to deliver papers this afternoon.
I finished scarf number nine and got a start on number ten last night. I also finally figured out how to cast on the better way to give you a more finished edge. Our knitting group was alot of fun last night. We spent about as much time giggling as we did teaching and learning.
I was planning on going to see one of my former Awana girls play basketball this afternoon but then I got a call that two of my after schoolers are planning on coming this afternoon too. They are family friends (my parents live right next door to them) and I have been babysitting for their oldest(now a sophomore in high school) since she was six months old. Depending on how the girls do after M and C leave I may take them to the game with me, but I don't know if they would really sit and watch..... we'll see.
Tomorrow is Awana fun fair. We took all the chairs out of the new auditorium and each leader family will have a little booth or game set up. We have a bucket toss. K was busy with construction last night. I wasn't so sure about his plan as he was describing it to me, but I think it turned out pretty cute. He still has some convincing to do as to how he wants to decorate it, but I'm srue it will be fine.

No comments: