Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A little long but well worth the read

Kind of a bad (read grumpy) morning here....got this in my email and it brought tears to my eyes...just had to share.

Ten Guidelines From God
>
> Effective immediately,
> please be aware that there are changes YOU need
> to make in YOUR life. These changes need to be
> completed in order that I may fulfill My promises
> to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in
> this life. I apologize for any inconvenience,
> but after all that I am doing, this seems very
> little to ask of you. Please, follow these 10 guidelines
>
> 1. QUIT WORRYING:
> Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit
> and worry. Have you forgotten that I am here
> to take all your burdens and carry them for you?
> Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little
> thing that comes your way?
>
> 2. PUT IT ON THE LIST:
> Something needs done or taken care of. Put it
> on the list. No, not YOUR list. Put it on MY
> to-do-list. Let ME be the one to take care
> of the problem. I can't help you until you turn
> it over to Me. And although My to-do-list
> is long, I am after all... God. I can take care
> of anything you put into My hands. In fact,
> if the truth were ever really known, I take
> care of a lot of things for you that you never
> even realize.
>
> 3. TRUST ME:
> Once you've given your burdens to Me,
> quit trying to take them back. Trust in
> Me. Have the faith that I will take care of
> all your needs, your problems and your trials.
> Problems with the kids? Put them on My list.
> Problem with finances? Put it on My list.
> Problems with your emotional roller coaster?
> For My sake, put it on My list. I want to
> help you. All you have to do is ask.
>
> 4. LEAVE IT ALONE:
> Don't wake up one morning and say,
> "Well, I'm feeling much stronger now, I think
> I can handle it from here." Why do you think
> you are feeling stronger now? It's simple.
> You gave Me your burdens and I'm taking
> care of them. I also renew your strength
> and cover you in my peace. Don't you
> know that if I give you these problems back,
> you will be right back where you started?
> Leave them with Me and forget about
> them. Just let Me do my job.
>
> 5. TALK TO ME:
> I want you to forget a lot of things.
> Forget what was making you crazy
> Forget the worry and the fretting because
> you know I'm in control. But there's one
> thing I pray you never forget. Please, don't
> forget to talk to Me - OFTEN! I love YOU!
> I want to hear your voice. I want you to
> include Me in on the things going on in your life.
> I want to hear you talk about your friends
> and family. Prayer is simply you having
> a conversation with Me. I want to be your
> dearest friend.
>
> 6. HAVE FAITH:
> I see a lot of things from up here that you
> can't see from where you are. Have faith in
> Me that I know what I'm doing. Trust Me;
> you wouldn't want the view from My eyes.
> I will continue to care for you, watch over you,
> and meet your needs. You only have to trust Me.
> Although I have a much bigger task than you,
> it seems as if you have so much trouble just
> doing your simple part. How hard can trust be?
>
> 7. SHARE:
> You were taught to share when you were
> only two years old. When did you forget?
> That rule still applies. Share with those who are
> less fortunate than you. Share your joy with
> those who need encouragement. Share your
> laughter with those who haven't heard any in
> such a long time. Share your tears with those
> who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith
> with those who have none.
>
>
>
> 8. BE PATIENT:
> I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime
> you could have so many diverse experiences.
> You grow from a child to an adult, have children,
> change jobs many times, learn many trades,
> travel to so many places, meet thousands
> of people, and experience so much. How can
> you be so impatient then when it takes Me
> a little longer than you expect to handle
> something on My to-do-list? Trust in My
> timing, for My timing is perfect. Just
> because I created the entire universe in
> only six days, everyone thinks I should
> always rush, rush, rush.
>
> 9. BE KIND:
> Be kind to others, for I love them just
> as much as I love you. They may not dress
> like you, or talk like you, or live the same way
> you do, but I still love you all. Please try
> to get along, for My sake. I created each
> of you different in some way. It would be
> too boring if you were all identical.
> Please, know I love each of your differences.
>
> 10. LOVE YOURSELF:
> As much as I love you, how can you not
> love yourself? You were created by me for
> one reason only -- to be loved, and to love
> in return. I am a God of Love. Love Me.
> Love your neighbors. But also love yourself.
> It makes My heart ache when I see you
> so angry with yourself when things go
> wrong. You are very precious to me.
> Don't ever forget......
>
> Note: I rec'd this from a friend and I have
> no idea who wrote it, but I was so touched
> by it, that I had to share it with you.
> I hope that you will be blessed by
> it and will share it with others.
>
> Its a timely reminder.
>
> Lets not forget to pray for each other.
>

4 comments:

Kali said...

Thanks for sharing this I love it!

hollibobolli said...

This was wonderful.. I SO needed it. I'm going to come back and read it OVER and OVER.

snarflemarfle said...

I love this! And quite appropriate as I'm currently thinking about all the stuff that's going to come with having a baby.

Heidi said...

I needed it and still need it just as much too! Some parts of this made me sit down and cry. Definately things that I need to remember.