Saturday, August 01, 2009

Quiet weekend?!

My unplanned day off on Thursday was very productive. I finally caught up with quite a few things, and as I thought the only thing that I was not able to check off my list of things to do was to watch The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe, which is not a big deal, I will have plenty of time to watch it. Looking at my schedule I only work Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.
My day was not without drama though, I had just put the last load of laundry in and was sitting down to eat something at about 7:30 that night when I got a phone call asking what was going on at church and why there were firetrucks out there. I had no clue and took off driving like a mad woman....SO thankful that I didn't get a ticket!! I was able to speak to a police officer who told me that there was a gas leak at a neighboring business and they were just parked in the parking lot. Whew!
I ended up with the whole crew for a while yesterday. They were all good and we spent the morning at the park letting them run off some energy.
We went out for supper with some friends as a repayment for some work that K had done on their computer and went out for root beer and vanilla ice cream after we had hung out and caught up for a while. We decided to go on a drive instead of heading right home afterwards and we were both so tired we went to bed before 10pm! I even slept through until 8:30 this morning!!
K had to work so I cleaned house and did a load of laundry while I waited for him to get home. He finally got home around one and we've just been hanging around the house since doing some blog and Bible reading. We are planning on heading out to a neighboring town to a concert tonight, we may head out a little earlier if things go well, the town is having a big celebration this weekend and there is alot going on around town to check out.
Hope you all are having a great weekend!!

No comments: