Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Kids and scarves.....

It's been an interesting week already, and it's only Tuesday. I had Pastor and C's grandsons yesterday. It went really well, the only thing that I could complain about is that the one year old would wake up and SCREAM when I put him down in the play pen after I had rocked him to sleep. When Daddy came to pick them up I told him about that and he said that Little Man HATES play pens! He said that I am better off putting him on the floor or the couch and then he will stay asleep! Good to know for tomorrow! Otherwise we had a really good day!
Last night was knitting. I finally have a really good start on that scarf! K accidently spilled root beer on it the other night, ok so it was partly my fault, should have known better than to put the can that close to the scarf! And then as I was looking at it it seemed really really wide. So....we decided to scrap that and restart using about half the stitches that we had started with. I can not seem to be able to cast on with this yarn so I had to wait until last night to get restarted. I now have about 11 inches knitted. Have I mentioned that I also have a chocolate brown for my oldest bil's wife to make a scarf for Christmas as well as a blend they call citrus to make a scarf for K's sister a scarf for her birthday in Feburary, a blend they call tropical that I want to make one for myself, and one that is the fun fur as well as little "kernels of color" as they call it on the label called Tropical Turquoise to make for myself sometime too! And was thinking if I could find the right color I should make one for other bil's fiance for Christmas too! Am I NUTS?!? At least mine can be done anytime, no hurry on those. It really seems to be going pretty quickly. I started now so I would have plenty of time too, didn't want to be rushing at the last minute.
Nothing going on tonight so I hope to get plenty knitted too, and if I get tired of that there is always the counted cross stitch that I haven't touched in a few months too! This one is a gift too, but the recipient doesn't know it's coming so it will still be a surprise. I hope to get to bed early too as tomorrow looks to be a long and busy day.
Going to take some pictures of the scarf right now plus the other colors that I have to make scarves with and will post them during naptime at the latest. Little C (drop in) is here, but he leaves right after lunch, Monster is with her Aunt so that leaves just me and M here for naptime and she usually goes right out, so that will leave me with plenty of time to get them posted! I will have K take a picture of me post haircut tomorrow when it's all nice and done up. I don't do it all up fancy usually if it's just me and the kids, I like sleeping in too much lol!

3 comments:

Cheryll said...

Oh have fun! I just love this yarn, really. It is so easy to work with, and so fast...I use size 13 needles and cast on 15-19 stitches and knit till there is no yarn left (two balls for about 5' scarf). Sometimes, for a slightly heavier scarf (it snows here!) I combine with another strand of different color, or different yarn (like mohair or thin chenille). If two yarns, 15 stitches wide; if only one yarn, 17-19.

Heidi said...

I love the yarn too! It is alot of fun now that I seem to have gotten all the kinks worked out! I will have to try mixing it with another color or another yarn! Always something new to try and learn! Thanks!

hollibobolli said...

I like the blue - I vote for the purple-ish blue!!! I love that kind of yarn!!!!