Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My babbelings for a dreary day

Today was the monthly three hour early out for teacher inservice. Fun fun, like I really need something else thrown into my lunch time routine. But we made it, and I will admit that I like this better than the two hour early out that we had on Friday for Homecoming, having to make the school run right in the middle of naptime is not a fun thing.
I haven't heard from my "friend" today. We'll see if I do for a while now again......
I had a good start on the scarf for my mil and then one of the plastic needles I was using broke in half! I almost cried! If it wasn't so comical I think I would have! I had troubles with the knitting and getting extra stitches in there and now just when I am getting the hang of it and getting a good start the needle breaks in half! And that's not mentioning the quick fix that K had to do on the end of one the other day! I emailed my knitting teacher and she is bringing over another pair of knitting needles that I can borrow to work on the scarf, I have the next size up, but that pair is being used to make my tote bag! I also have the next size down, but she says she wouldn't go down a size, rather go up so she said she would come over once I get the girls down for nap. I think I will have her start me out a row or two as this eyelash stuff is really difficult to cast on.
Awana tonight, Measles night. As the kids pass sections they get to put sticky dots on the leaders and who ever has the most average spots (as some groups have one kid some have three or four) gets silly stringed at the end. Should be lots of fun! And two of my girls get awards tonight, one just passed her start zone and gets her uniform! I am excited!

1 comment:

hollibobolli said...

when my mom "tried" to teach me how to knit, we used my great grandmother's wooden knitting needles.. they were the size of (almost) pool sticks. well, it was a mess, to say the least.. and my thing ended up being one giant glob of whatever that could fit bigfoot. I hope yours turns out better than that!! post a pic when you can!