Tuesday, October 11, 2005

UGH!

The daycare kiddos are having a rough week this week. Monster had a bought with the stomach flu so she was out yesterday, she is back today, and I got a call this morning that Mr. C woke up with a rash on his face, and his Mom doesn't know if it is contagious or not so she is keeping him home to take him to the Dr. She was off today because she was taking M to get her picture taken with her aunt that is the same age!
I got a good start on the scarf I want to knit for my mil for Christmas. I had to have my knitting teacher get me started again on Sunday night. I don't do well with the casting on anyway, but this eyelash lace or fun fur, whatever you call it is more difficult. So far I have done pretty well, I broke the tip off of one of my plastic knitting needles, but K fixed that the Mr. Fixit that he is! He stuck it in the pencil sharpener!!!! Strange thing is it worked! I have gotten a little bit done and as it is only me and Monster having a quiet day today I hope to get some more done, either that or some stitching.
Pastor's son has a football game tonight, looks like it may be the last home game so we are going to go watch him play. Monster's Mom is going to go and watch her sister cheer so if her Mom is not off by the time K is done with papers then we are just going to take Monster and meet her there. Hopefully it stays warmer today.
I made a mistake and turned my instant messenger on this morning. My "friend" who I didn't think that was on my im anymore, she had taken me off, imed and wanted to talk. She said she wanted to apologize, but it turned into her venting off what I had done wrong and how I made her shut down. Then her asking where our "boundaries" are, can she call or text or stop and talk to me at school, my question was is there a friendship if you feel that you can't do these things? I don't want to lose a friendship, but I can not let myself be beat up and run down like this! I just don't know how hard to try anymore. I can't be there to run for her every beck and call, I have a life of my own and I know she isn't going to like that, but I have to do what is best for me. She just knows what buttons to push, fortunately I have done some growing and have been getting better with my defenses. It still upsets me that she tries to lay everything at my feet, I know it's her problem and not mine but dang!
Anyway.....I am singing on Sunday. It was supposed to be a duet but the other girl just got a new job and is moving and is so stressed out she broke down crying on my shoulder after church on Sunday. It doesn't bother me too much, I know the song that I am doing, and actually a little easier for me to practice, just have to work around K's schedule. Pastor said that he would listen to me run through it to see if he could be of any help too. Will probably take him up on that offer after practice for Worship Team. Don't know when that is going to be either, we are hoping to go to see one of the other guys from church play football in a neighboring town, actually Pastor said he wanted to go too so maybe it will be a Saturday practice. That would be good.
The girls lost their volleyball games last night, but the good thing is that our friend's mom made it! She looked pale and you could just tell that she wasn't feeling well, but she made it. They got the results of her CAT scan back and they think it is Chron's disease or something similar. AT least they have it narrowed down so that they can help her, but they said it is something that can flare up at any time too. She said the last 24 hours had been good for her and hopefully each 24 hours after will be better and better for her!
Well, enough rambling I suppose....better go and get something constructive done!

1 comment:

hollibobolli said...

First off - I don't knit, but I know that eyelash stuff is supposed to be difficult.. but cute!

Second - can't you make yourself permanently invisible to this girl, so if you do accidentally turn it on she won't see you? She sounds.. psychotic to me!!