Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Catching up on the excitement

Sorry for not popping in and posting but as you may or may not have noticed I had some issues with blogger lol! I was trying to add something to the sidebar and the next thing I know poof everything went wacky! Jen was kind enough to point out that it may be something with one of my posts that I made, which I think did help alot when I deleted it! I think that we are getting things back in order now, hopefully anyway.....
There has been lots of excitement at our house over the weekend and into this week. It all started on Sunday when after church and our VBS meeting my Dad came looking for us, he had gotten a call from my brother saying that he had gone in the ditch and needed us to come and pull him out. Now, knowing the way my brother drives we were all wondering what we were going to find when we got out there. Come to find out that he not only had his girlfriend, her little boy and himself in the car, but the baby girl of one of his girlfriend's friends. And like I said the way my brother drives we were all very thankful that it was just in the ditch! Apparently he had gone to swat a bug from somewhere because she won't touch bugs and he noticed he was going onto the shoulder on the opposite side of the road and turned to get back on the road and over corrected and ended up in the ditch on their side of the road. They hit something in the ditch and it spun them around to face the opposite direction. K was able to pull them out but it did look like the car was going to roll at first, but he was able to get them pulled out without incident.
We grabbed something to eat and after catching up a bit we took them out to the fair. We went into the Expo building and walked around one last time and we noticed the local quilt shop's booth that we hadn't noticed before. I saw that they were giving away a sewing machine and joked with my mom that I should sign up and then maybe I would learn how to use it if I won it! We laughed and I signed up thinking it would be the last I would hear of it and we went on giggling through the rest of the building. Monday I was getting things cleaned up and ready for the kids to go home and I got the phone call that I WON THE SEWING MACHINE!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! I never win anything! Even the movie tickets that I have won on Blingo were from A's surfing! Lol I told K that this definately proves that the Lord has a good sense of humor!!!! And my knitting teacher has told me that she will teach me how to sew now too, and the quilt shop will give me free classes on how to use my machine! I am so excited! I have always really wanted to learn to sew and make myself clothes, but didn't figure I would ever learn, now I have no excuse!
This weekend my parents are going to puppy sit and we are going to Ironwood Springs with Pastor and our drum player from our Praise Team. The other singers aren't going and our two guitar players have cancelled on us, it sounds like we do have practice with a possible sub for a bass player tonight though. K is going to do sound and I was just planning on going along for the fun of it, but I told K that if Pastor wanted me to sing I would, try to make it a little more fun as he has been kind of bummed that it would most likely be just him and the drum player. Either way it will be nice to get away for a bit for the weekend, even if it is only for one night! Then with Monday being the 4th no work!!!! Gotta love that!
Well, the kids are napping finally so I think I may go try to catch a quick nap too. Laters......

No comments: