Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My scrambled thoughts.....

I'm really at a loss for words today. I went for my weekly knitting lesson last night and we got into a conversation about our Praise Team (which I sing with in case you are just joining us), and how music went on Sunday since it wasn't practiced as normal. My teacher and I had talked just a bit before about it, she said her husband kept telling Pastor that he couldn't hear the guitars over the piano, and had Pastor ever thought of playing the piano (a grand piano) with the lid down? Well Sunday he did, and I got comments on how they liked that so much better, they could hear the guitars and then she went on to say how she didn't like how we did the echos and things that we did, it made it hard to follow, and how it was hard to follow the tempo with some of our songs as well. Now I realize that not everyone is going to love the kind of music we sing and play, especially some of the older people, as it is some of the Contemporary Christian music, some older choruses and things we sing as well, but still not everyone going to love that type of music and to each their own......but there just seemed to be nothing positive about the whole thing coming from her at all, I don't think she meant it to come out that way, at least I hope not, but it was just really discouraging. Not only for me, but almost more discouraging to me for Pastor, as he is out to try to give everyone a happy medium, to give the younger people something as well. I realize that some are just not going to be happy about it, but man, what a discouraging conversation, not even a hey, I appreciate the ministry that you all do have for the younger ones even if I don't enjoy it myself.........just really brought me down for the night and the day today as well.
Yish, this blog is really turning into a downer....I don't mean it to, it just really is nice to have somewhere to kind of talk it out, to vent without hurting someone elses feelings too, or slamming my hubby with it as soon as he walks in the door. Hope you all can bear with me!
On the good news front the kids were very good yesterday and so far today! I wondered with all the drop ins this week how it would go, but so far so good! The older kids were very helpful with the little ones yesterday, and everyone got along famously even though it was the first time that they had met.
Can't wait to get my hair cut tonight, I wondered if I should wait, but then when I couldn't get it to do anything this morning I knew I had to get it done! I ended up just pulling it all back into a pony tail, what little of one there is lol! Works double duty I guess because it is supposed to be soooo hot today. In the 90's and high humidity. Guess we will be inside for the afternoon. We went outside this morning for about an hour to let them run so hopefully that helps.
Well, I'm finally getting the purl stitch so guess I better be back to my knitting. Oh, I did a quick little kit yesterday that I will have to get a picture of as well. It says sew happy and has a spool of thread with a needle in a little wooden frame. Don't know who it was by, found it for a quarter at a garage sale. It was a nice little quick kit so I could do some stitching and see a finish all in one afternoon. A good little happy feeling lol!
Off to get pictures, will share soon.........

No comments: