Monday, November 17, 2008

Blankets and Plays

Baby blanket number one
Baby blanket number two
There are the pictures I promised of the blankets that I finished on Saturday. I finished them just before we left to go to the play.
The play was ok that night. A few of the kids messed up their songs, a few had random, awkward pauses, and a few made up their own lines as they went along when they couldn't remember what to say. They all did very well considering they didn't have alot of time in practice and it was Shakespere. We went out to Pizza Hut with our friends afterwards and J was pretty upset that he had messed up his lines. I told him he did very well, at least he said something rather than standing there staring at the others on stage. The whole cast and J and his female lead in the play!
Sunday went very quickly! We had alot of fun in Sunday School, I only had two boys. I didn't end up going to the homeschool concert with K, C called and asked if I wanted to go to the musical with her again. K said I should go, so he dropped me off as he was headed out to church for the music program. They did ALOT better that time! I can really only remember a few mistakes. They all seemed alot happier afterwards too!
I've been trying to catch up today with the things I didn't get done Saturday. I'm working on laundry and I plan on printing cards tonight. Maybe I'll get some knitting done during Jon & Kate plus 8. Their wedding in Hawaii is showing tonight, I can't wait to see it! I know I'm additcted to that show! That's really all the tv I watch, other than a bit with the daycare kids.
I've made a little progress with the current scarf I am knitting. It is a thinner yarn, and the little "poofs" are making it a bit more difficult to work with, but I knit every chance I get on it, even if it is just one row. I can't wait to finish it! I will have a difficult time deciding which scarf to knit next!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are cool looking blankets. I wish I had the talent and the patience to do something like that.

Patty said...

Wow! You are really good at making blankets. They are amazing.